Thursday, September 6, 2012

Whitmarsh Presides as Board President While Small Children Suffer

Take a look at this comment on the Contra Costa Times Education Blog in the box below.  Does this even register for President Whitmarsh?  Probably not as she drives her gold plated Lexus around.

It is time to VOTE NO ON WHITMARSH!  NO MORE WHITMARSH!

  1. G Says:
    Dr. J isn’t far off. This morning my sprinklers went on at 6:30am and woke me. I decided I didn’t want them to go today, so went out to turn them off. An older boy and two younger boys were walking to school–yes, 6:30am. I asked where they went to school. The older boy was walking the two younger ones (a 3rd and a 5th grader) to Wren, and then he would back track, back past his home and down to MDHS. The little ones would be at school way too early, but that was the only way for the one in high school to make it back in time for his first class.
    What would the little ones do if no adult was at school yet? They would “hide out” in “their secret place” (with a few other kids that also have to get there really early) until others arrived–! No, they hadn’t been caught doing that yet, and they did it almost all of last year too. The littlest one said; “But sometimes it’s really cold.”
    I asked if it would be alright to give them a ride, but only would if they called their mom or dad first. No dad. Mom didn’t have a cell phone, and had left at the same time they did to walk to Bart, to go to work. But anyway, if I gave them a ride, they would just get there a half hour earlier and have to “hide out” a half hour longer.
    So, I asked how about we arrange in the future for me to pick the younger ones up and give them a ride at the right time. I gave them my number for mom to call and let me know. I was told her English isn’t very good, but they would ask her, and then call me if it was OK.
    I should mention that two blocks after they walked past my house, they would pass within one block of Holbrook Elementary–and still have a mile and a half to go for the little ones, and then the older one would backtrack another two miles or so to get to his school.
    Is there something wrong with this picture?
    How many new “overflow” kids will be hiding out in back of a strange school in a strange neighborhood, in the cold, waiting for adults to show up?

2 comments:

  1. Excuse me I must add this to my new Dickens novel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry Whitmarsh should resign in shame over this.

    ReplyDelete